About Mika Koivisto
Hello! My name is Mika Koivisto. I am independent solution architect that loves to craft high quality solutions that solve real business problems. I have nearly two decades of software engineering experience and during that time I’ve helped many Forture Global 500 companies through out Europe.
I’m ex-Liferay core platform engineer, consultant and trainer so I have unprecedented knowledge of the Liferay DXP platform. In addition to Liferay I’m currently focused on AWS cloud, OSGi, microservices and reactive systems with Vert.x and Java 11+.
I’m based in Finland but I’m available for onsite and remote engagements throughout Europe and even worldwide. Don’t hesitate to contact me and we’ll see how I can help you.
• Well rounded hands-on solution architect with experience in system, software and integration architecture
• 20 years of professional software development experience with majority of it in enterprise Java
• Worked with several Fortune Global 500 companies
• Expert in the field of ECM and Portals with experience in all major Java Portal platforms
• Excellent knowledge of JEE architecture, agile methodologies, design patterns and best practices
• Extensive working knowledge of open source frameworks
• Liferay Certified 6.2 Professional Developer with over 10 years of experience as contributor and core platform engineer
• Architectural patterns: Microservices, SOA, REST, n-Tiered architectures
• Object oriented design and analysis
• Design patterns: GoF, Java EE, EAI patterns
• Web Services and XML
• Agile software development practices with Scrum and XP
• Java Portals: Liferay, WebSphere Portal, Weblogic Portal
• Middleware: ServiceMix, Mule ESB, ActiveMQ, Terracotta
• ECM: Liferay, IBM Workplace WCM, MS SharePoint Server, OpenCMS, Magnolia, Alfresco
• Open Source Libraries and Frameworks: OSGi, Spring, Hibernate, Struts, AspectJ, Apache CXF, EhCache, Vert.x, RxJava
• DevOPS: Linux, Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx, Apache Httpd, MySQL/MariaDB, Jenkins, Git, SVN, Maven, Ant, Nexus
• Virtualization & Cloud: Xen, VMWare, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Monitoring: JMX, SNMP, Nagios, New Relic, Datadog, Dynatrace