About Mika Koivisto
Hello! My name is Mika Koivisto. I am independent solution architect that loves to craft high quality solutions that solve real business problems. I have nearly two decades of software engineering experience and during that time I’ve helped many Forture Global 500 companies through out Europe.
I’m ex-Liferay core platform engineer, consultant and trainer so I have unprecedented knowledge of the Liferay DXP platform. In addition to Liferay I’m currently focused on AWS cloud, OSGi, microservices and reactive systems with Vert.x.
I’m based in Finland but I’m available for onsite and remote engagements throughout Europe and even worldwide. Don’t hesitate to contact me and we’ll see how I can help you.
• Well rounded hands-on solution architect with experience in system, software and integration architecture
• 18 years of professional software development experience with majority of it in enterprise Java
• Worked with several Fortune Global 500 companies
• Expert in the field of ECM and Portals with experience in all major Java Portal platforms
• Excellent knowledge of JEE architecture, agile methodologies, design patterns and best practices
• Extensive working knowledge of open source frameworks
• Liferay Certified 6.2 Professional Developer with over 10 years of experience as contributor and core platform engineer
• Architectural patterns: Microservices, SOA, REST, n-Tiered architectures
• Object oriented design and analysis
• Design patterns: GoF, Java EE, EAI patterns
• Web Services and XML
• Agile software development practices with Scrum and XP
• Java Portals: Liferay, WebSphere Portal, Weblogic Portal
• Middleware: ServiceMix, Mule ESB, ActiveMQ, Terracotta
• ECM: Liferay, IBM Workplace WCM, MS SharePoint Server, OpenCMS, Magnolia, Alfresco
• Open Source Libraries and Frameworks: OSGi, Spring, Hibernate, Struts, AspectJ, Apache CXF, EhCache, Vert.x, RxJava
• DevOPS: Linux, Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx, Apache Httpd, MySQL/MariaDB, Jenkins, Git, SVN, Maven, Ant, Nexus
• Virtualization & Cloud: Xen, VMWare, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Monitoring: JMX, SNMP, Nagios, New Relic